Brownie Mousse Trifle


This is a recipe I concocted years ago because it incorporated some of my favorite treats: brownies, mousse, toffee - I mean you can't go wrong. It is a family favorite. I remember my Grandpa Bell used to request I make "that brownie" thing for our Sunday dinner dessert. I hadn't made it in awhile and decided it was time to divulge!


1 (9x13) pan brownies, prepared & cooled
1 recipe chocolate mousse, this is my fave
1 pint whipping cream
2-4 toffee bars, crushed

Prepare brownies as directed and let cool to room temperature; cut into 1" squares. Prepare mousse as directed. Whip cream using 1/4 c. powdered sugar and 1 tsp. vanilla (I use 3 TBS. agave nectar) until stiff peaks form.

In a trifle bowl put one layer of brownies (I kind of break them up just a bit as I drop them in the bowl), about a cup of mousse, and between a cup and a cup and half of cream, then sprinkle with some toffee chunks. Repeat 2 more times. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve and try to not go back for seconds.

2 comments:

Piper said...

I am SOOOO excited about this recipe- my four favorite treats all rolled into one... Thanks so much for sharing!!

Unknown said...

This looks fantastic. I hope you don't mind, I shared it on my FB page - www.fb.com/chefjeanleggett.

Today is National Chocolate Mousse Day! Yum!