Strawberries and Cream Pie with Chocolate Drizzle

It's Easter which means the pressure is on to make a fabulous dessert. I just wasn't feeling it this year and wasn't sure what to do. Friday afternoon I stumbled across this recipe on one of my favorite cooking blogs "Our Best Bites." I thought it looked intriguing, but it wasn't until late Saturday night I decided to whip it up for Easter Sunday (good thing I had all the ingredients on hand). SO easy! And there is nothing I love more than chocolate and strawberries together . . . adding a cream cheese mixture and graham crackers just makes it all that much better! I changed the recipe a bit from the original to make it my own - I needed more chocolate!


1 quart fresh strawberries
1 8-oz. package cream cheese at room temperature (I used light)
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 c. packed light brown sugar
1 c. heavy whipping cream
1/4 c. powdered sugar
1 9″ graham cracker crust (store-bought or homemade)
1/4 c. whipping cream
1/4 c. semi-sweet chocolate (chips work great)

In a medium bowl, beat the softened cream cheese, brown sugar, and vanilla until light and fluffy. In a separate large bowl, beat the whipping cream and powdered sugar until medium peaks form. Add about 1 c. of the whipping cream mixture to the cream cheese mixture. Beat until smooth and well-combined. Add the remaining whipping cream mixture and mix until just combined. Spread in the graham cracker crust and refrigerate for a few minutes while you prepare the strawberries.

Wash the strawberries and cut off the stems. Blot dry with a paper towel and then gently press, cut side down, into the whipped cream mixture. Set aside.

Pour 1/4 c. whipping cream in microwave safe dish. Heat about 1 minute until cream starts to bubble (or heat on stove). Remove and pour over chocolate. Stir until melted and smooth. Let sit for a few minutes to cool (ganache thickens as it cools, so you can decide what consistency you like best). When ganache is ready and cool drizzle it over the strawberries. Refrigerate for at least three hours before serving. Serves 8.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

YUM! I actually have a graham cracker crust in my freezer that I made and need to use...might have to make this! :)