No Bake Chocolate Silken Pie


My mother-in-law shared this recipe with me. When I read the ingredients, I wasn't so sure it was for me . . . BUT I have been attempting to introduce more healthful foods into my diet, tofu being one of them. I decided to give it a try. First, let me say how SIMPLE it was to make. Secondly, it was so RICH that I could barely eat an entire piece. It was so yummy and I felt okay about eating it because it wasn't full of fat and too much sugar. I would highly recommend it.
I wasn't able to find Silken tofu at every grocery store. I don't know what the difference is but once I found it, I did use it. Enjoy!

1 graham cracker crust (either pre-made, or make your own)
My recipe:
1 1/2 cups crushed graham crackers
2 TBS sugar
1/3 cup butter, melted
In a medium bowl, melt butter. Stir in sugar and graham cracker crumbs. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Refrigerate for 30 minutes before filling, or bake at 375 degrees F for 8-10 minutes or until crust is lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack before filling.

Filling:
16 oz. Silken tofu
12 oz. semisweet chocolate chips
1 tsp. vanilla (or almond)
Whipped cream to garnish

Melt chocolate in microwave or in a double boiler.
Place tofu in a blender and blend until smooth. Add chocolate and extract. Pulse until mixed. Pour into graham cracker crust and chill at least 1 hour.
Serve with whipped cream.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I was googling "Lion House Baked Alaska" and I found your blog. Your entire dessert section is mouthwatering. I can't wait to try your recipes.