Oreo Truffles

I'd read this recipe on several blogs and knew that I had to make them, but needed the right time. I hosted a book club last night and decided that would be the perfect time. Who knew that oreos and cream cheese could be so yummy!! I dipped about half of the truffles in white chocolate and drizzled with milk chocolate, and then dipped the other half the other way around! I think I like the white chocolate ones best; they taste like an inside-out Oreo (or at least that is what Dave called them)! See below for some of my tips!!


1 package Oreo cookies
8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
1 pound dark chocolate (I used a combo of semi-sweet chocolate chips and milk chocolate chips)
white chocolate (for decorating)

Crush the cookies in a food processor until there are no big crumbs. Mix together with softened cream cheese until the mixture comes together and there are no lumps of cream cheese. (I used a hand mixer, but this could easily be done by hand or even in the food processor).
Roll the mixture into 1" balls and place on wax paper (or silicone mat) covered cookie sheet. Refrigerate until firm, about an hour.
Melt the dark chocolate over a double-boiler (I did this in the microwave one 50% power, stirring every 30 seconds), then dip the cookie/cream cheese balls into it, tapping off extra. Set aside on wax paper covered cookie sheet.

Melt the white chocolate in a small sandwich bag by microwaving about 30 seconds. Knead the chocolate until smooth and melted. Cut the corner and drizzle the chocolate decoratively over the truffles.

Chill in the fridge until the chocolate is set or you're ready to serve.

2 comments:

Jolene said...

Yum. I was introduced to these about 5 years ago and it's been love ever since. We call them Fat Balls. Oreo Truffles sounds much better.

Hannah said...

Try adding some chocolate syrup to the Oreo/cream cheese mixture. It gives them a darker, richer flavor. To die for!!

You've got some really yummy recipes on here. Can't wait to try some!