Orange or Lemon Pull Aparts

Another recipe I shared with the YW. I actually found this recipe MANY years ago in the Rhodes rolls cookbook. These pull aparts remind me of being in high school. I used to make them almost every Sunday evening. My family and I would go on a walk while these were raising, we'd come home, cook them and enjoy! These really are so yummy and are simple to whip up, it's just hard to wait for them to be ready :-)!


20 Rhodes Dinner Rolls, thawed
Grated peel of 1 orange, or 2 lemons
1/2 c. sugar
1/4 c. butter, melted

Citrus Glaze:
1 c. powdered sugar
1 TBS. butter, melted
2 TBS. fresh orange, or lemon juice

Grate orange or lemon rind and mix with sugar. Cut thawed rolls in half and place in greased 9X13 baking dish. Pour 1/4 c. melted butter over rolls. Sprinkle with rind/sugar mixture, reserving 1/2 c. of mixture to sprinkle on just before baking. Cover with plastic wrap that has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Let rise until double in size. Remove wrap and bake @ 350 for 20-25 minutes. Remove from pan and place on wire rack (I usually just put them on a plate or leave in pan, so no glaze is lost) within 4-5 minutes. To make citrus glaze, combine sugar, melted butter and fresh juice until thin. Cover rolls with glaze while still warm.

No comments: