Frittata


What is a frittata? If I had to define it, I would say a flat omelet that is SIMPLE to make, so YUMMY, and can use any number of INGREDIENTS! This is the last recipe I showed my Young Women how to make. It is a stand-by in our house. We have it for dinner a lot. I love how easy it is to make, and I can throw any vegetables or meats into it. There are two methods to cooking this. I prefer the oven method, but you must use an oven-proof pan. I actually used the stove-top method to teach my YW and have learned to love that one as well! Enjoy this, morning or night!

6 eggs
1/4 c. milk
1/4 tsp. Salt
1/8 tsp. Pepper
1 TBS. Vegetable oil
1 c. vegetables or meat*
1/2 c. shredded cheese (cheddar, parmesan, etc.)

Heat oil in a 10 inch skillet over medium-high heat. Cook vegetables in oil for about 5 minutes, until crisp-tender. Meanwhile beat eggs, milk, salt and pepper thoroughly with a fork or whisk, until uniform in color. Pour egg mixture over the vegetables. Sprinkle with cheese and reduce heat to low. Cover and cook about 10 minutes until set in the center.

OVEN METHOD: Prepare as above, except use an oven-proof skillet. Pour egg mixture over vegetables and bake at 350 for 15 minutes, or until set in the center.

*Vegetable or meat options: broccoli, shredded carrots, shredded zucchini, hashbrown potatoes, bacon, ham, etc.

No comments: