Dirt Dessert

This is such fun treat. My 5 year old loves it, and I like this particular recipe the best. A few of my tips include not using Cool Whip, instead I just whipped a half pint of cream until stiff adding about 3 TBS. powdered sugar for sweetness. I followed the remainder of the recipe exactly.

I like serving this in individual containers. I particularly like those smaller clear plastic cups (like used at wedding receptions) but apparently WalMart does not carry them, so for this event I was forced to use the less attractive translucent cups. It's also fun to hide some gummy worms down in the pudding (rather than just on top) - the kids love finding them!


1 (8 oz) pkg. cream cheese, softened
1 (8 oz) Cool Whip
1 c. powdered sugar
1 lg. pkg. chocolate instant pudding
2 c. milk
1 pkg. Oreo cookies

Blend cream cheese with sugar until smooth. Add Cool Whip, blend until smooth. Set aside. Mix chocolate pudding with milk. Blend until thickened. Add to cream cheese mixture and chill. Crush Oreo cookies in blender or food processor. Save 2 cups of crumbs for topping. Blend or fold the rest of the cookie crumbs into pudding mixture.

(The mixture before adding the cookie crumbs)


To serve either spread chocolate mixture in bottom of 9X13 pan and sprinkle crumbs over top, adding artificial flowers, gummy worms, etc. OR, use individual plastic flower pots or plastic cups.

No comments: