Yummy Brownies


Every Friday at one of the offices Dave works at, they have a big lunch. Some of his co-workers became aware of this blog of mine, so Dave requested I make something for this weeks lunch. Boy, was the pressure on :-)! I had never made this recipe, but it sounded so good and I figured I couldn't go wrong with brownies. I love, did I mention LOVE cream cheese frosting and these have it! Sandwiched between a delicious brownie and a light chocolate topping - YUM! One of the lucky participants described them as "ice cream in a brownie." Try them soon!


5 T. cocoa
1 c. butter, melted
4 eggs
2 c. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. flour
1 tsp. vanilla

Mix all ingredients. Pour into a greased 9 X 13-inch pan. Bake at 350 for 30 to 35 minutes. Cool completely.

Cream Cheese Layer:
1/2 cup butter, 6 oz. cream cheese, 2 cups powdered sugar. Whip until nice and light. Spread over cooled brownies. Refrigerate until hardened.

Melt together 1 cup chocolate chips, 4 tablespoons butter, 3 tablespoons water. Cool to touch, pour over cream cheese layer. Keep refrigerated.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Watch out. Once the co-workers find out you like to cook they will be asking for it regularly. When I don't send stuff with Jeff for a month or so they start asking questions.