Yummy Popcorn Treat

This recipe came from my Aunt Mary many years ago. She has the best recipes and this one certainly did not disappoint. My mom used to make it nearly every Christmas and give it to the neighbors. After I got married, I continued that tradition and have had so many people ask me for the recipe. It is truly addictive so it is a good thing this recipe makes a large batch. Pop some up for your family, friends, neighbors, co-workers this Christmas - you won't be disappointed!


1 c. popcorn – popped in an air popper (put in 2 larger bowls to make mixing easier)
Add: 12 oz. can honey roasted peanuts (last time I made it the honey roasted peanuts were twice as expensive as the Toffee Covered Peanuts so I used those and that was an excellent addition)
10 oz. pkg. mini marshmallows

Melt 1 ½ lbs. good dipping chocolate, or use 4 cups white chocolate chips with 2 TBS. butter-flavored shortening at 50% power for about 3 minutes until melted and thin. Pour over the popcorn mixture and toss to coat. Spread out on waxed paper in a single layer.

Melt ½ lb. semi-sweet chocolate, or use 1 ¼ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips melted with 1 TBS. shortening. Drizzle over popcorn mixture.

Melt ½ lb. milk chocolate, or use 1 ¼ cups milk chocolate chips melted with 1 TBS. shortening. Drizzle over popcorn mixture.

Let set up, then break into pieces.

No comments: