Perhaps the BEST Chocolate Chip Cookies EVER


I love cooking. I also love looking through cookbooks for new recipes and now with the internet and recipe blogs, I am able to look at A LOT of recipes. I love it! I also love chocolate chip cookies. I have mastered my own recipe and quite enjoy it. One day I came across this recipe which claimed to be the best chocolate chip cookie ever. I didn't believe it, but had to try it for myself. They may in fact be my new favorite chocolate chip cookies. I guess the recipe came from the New York Times and I would recommend following it exactly....the chilling time is necessary! Enjoy!


2 cups minus 2 tablespoons cake flour*
1 2/3 cups bread flour
1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
2 1/2 sticks (1 1/4 cups) unsalted butter
1 1/4 cups light brown sugar
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
3 cups semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate chips

Directions
1. Sift flours, baking soda, baking powder and salt into a bowl. Set aside.
2. Using a mixer fitted with paddle attachment, cream butter and sugars together until very light, about 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla. Reduce speed to low, add dry ingredients and mix until just combined, 5 to 10 seconds. Drop chocolate chips in and stir just til combined. Press plastic wrap against dough and refrigerate for 24 to 36 hours. Dough may be used in batches, and can be refrigerated for up to 72 hours.
3. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a nonstick baking mat. Set aside.
4. Scoop heaping tablespoon scoops onto baking sheet. Bake until golden brown but still soft, about 12 minutes. Transfer sheet to a wire rack for 10 minutes, then slip cookies onto another rack to cool a bit more. Repeat with remaining dough, or reserve dough, refrigerated, for baking remaining batches the next day.


*If you do not have any cake flour, simply measure 1 cup of all purpose flour, remove 2 TBS. and replace with 2 TBS. cornstarch

No comments: