Cucumber Salad



So, I just pulled 12 cucumbers out of the garden. That does not include the about 10 that could have been picked, but I decided they were only "ordinary" sized and not huge so they could wait a few days :-)! Now I'm desperate to find something to do with these beauties. I love cucumbers and am a HUGE fan of cucumber salad, so here is my version! Enjoy!

4 cucumbers, thinly sliced
1 small white onion, thinly sliced
1/2 cup white vinegar
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup water
1/4-1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 tsp. ground mustard
1 tsp. salt
1 tablespoon dried dill, or to taste

Toss together the cucumbers and onion in a large bowl. Combine the vinegar, water and sugar in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, and pour over the cucumber and onions. Stir in dill, cover, and refrigerate until cold. This can also be eaten at room temperature, but be sure to allow the cucumbers to marinate for at least 1 hour. Can be refrigerated for up to 2 weeks.

No comments: