Bruschetta


I have always loved bruschetta....what's not to love with the crusty bread and perfectly seasoned tomato topping. A friend of mine made this for our monthly dinner group and even after I ate way more than I should, I couldn't stop thinking about it. I just knew I had to make it again, but it's more fun to make for an event. I asked her for the recipe and whipped it up for Christmas Eve. It was a hit!! Enjoy!

6-8 Roma tomatoes, chopped
2 TBS. red onion, chopped
2 TBS. fresh chopped basil (about 4-6 small leaves)
1 clove minced garlic (I omitted and just sprinkled a tiny bit of garlic powder)
1/2 TBS. olive oil
1 tsp red wine vinegar
1/4 tsp salt
dash o pepper

One large crusty loaf French Baguette cut at 45 deg angle
Brush on a little olive oil and a sprinkle of garlic salt. Broil till browned. Top with tomato mixture and try not to eat and eat and eat!!

No comments: