Jenny's Chicken Salad Sandwiches

I'm back!! I have taken a little break from this blog, and actually have taken a little break from cooking. I am now 17 weeks pregnant and feel like I may be able to step back into the kitchen -- safely :-)! I am grateful to a great husband who is ever so willing to stop and pick up anything for dinner and who makes a great breakfast for dinner :-)! I also feel so blessed to have such great friends who have brought enough food/dinners to keep my family going. I'm glad to be feeling better because that meant I could go on my annual friends get-away. And I actually had a craving for chicken salad, so I whipped up this recipe. I got it from my friend Jenny, and it is always a hit!


5 c. cubed, cooked chicken
2 TBS. orange juice (I didn't have an orange, or any orange juice so I just added 2 TBS. orange juice concentrate)
1 tsp. salt
1 1/2 c. seedless grapes
1 c. toasted slivered almonds (I didn't have time to toast)
1 (14 oz.) can pineapple tidbits, drained
1 (11 oz.) can mandarin oranges, drained
3 TBS. cooking oil
2 TBS. vinegar
3 c. cooked rice (I just cooked 1 cup rice and used what that yielded)
1 1/2 c. sliced celery
1 1/2 c. mayo

Combine chicken, oil, orange juice, vinegar and salt. Marinate at least 15 minutes, or refrigerate overnight. Add rice, grapes, celery, pineapple, oranges, almonds and mayo to chicken mixture. Mix well. Keep refrigerated until serving time. Serve on croissants.
Makes 12 servings.

No comments: