Tasha's Pomegranate Salad

This recipe comes from my sis-in-law. She made it for us at Thanksgiving and it was so good I just had to have the recipe. It is very easy to make, especially if you buy the pomegranate seeds from Costco (then you don't have to get messy by doing it yourself). I made once using Bleu Cheese and didn't like it nearly as much as the Gorgonzola (the Bleu cheese was too strong). It is a pretty salad and very tasty.

Celery Seed Dressing
1 tsp celery seed
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
1 tsp salt
It calls for 3 green onions, diced, but I sprinkle onion salt and onion powder instead
1 tsp dry mustard
1 cup sugar (I do 1/2 to 3/4)
3/4 cup oil (I use canola)

Mix and pour over salad and toss.
1 head Romain lettuce
1 pkg. Gorgonzola or blue cheese
1 head Red Leaf lettuce
1 large pomegranate or 2 small
1 pkg. bacon, diced (I use 1/2 pkg.)
1/2 cup roasted walnuts (I use pecans)
1-2 pears

Cook and crumble bacon. Peel and slice or dice pears. Add all ingredients and toss.

No comments: