Marbled Chocolate Banana Bread


Every time I buy a Costco bag of bananas I tell myself we'll eat all of them before they get too ripe, and yet we never do! I've been in the harvesting and storing mood, so I decided I would make a bunch of banana bread ('cause really what else can you do with extremely ripe bananas) and freeze it. Because of an injury to my foot, my cute hubby volunteered to make it for me.

I'd always wanted to make this recipe, and am glad we did. It is probably the best banana bread I've ever had, or is that because somebody else made it :-)! I am a huge fan of adding chocolate to anything possible, and especially enjoy it in banana bread.
Give this one a try, it is delish!



2 c. flour (1 c. white, 1 c. wheat)
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. sugar
1/4 c. butter, softened
1 1/2 c. ripe bananas, mashed
2 eggs
1/3 c. plain low-fat yogurt
1/2 c. semisweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt with a whisk. Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl for 1 minute. Add banana, eggs, and yogurt; beat until well blended. Add flour mixture and beat just until batter is moist. Microwave chocolate chips until melted, stir until smooth and add 1 c. batter to chocolate, stirring until well combined.


Coat bread pan with cooking spray. Alternately spoon regular and chocolate batter into pan. Swirl batters together with a knife. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven and let sit for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and let cool completely on wire rack.



* We used 4 mini bread pans and baked them for approximately 45 minutes!

No comments: