Luscious Berry Cream Pastry


1 (18.25 oz) box yellow cake mix
1 stick butter
½ cup coconut
3 cups berries, rinsed and cleaned
2 T. sugar
½ t. cinnamon
1 egg, slightly beaten
1 cup sour cream

Cut together cake mix, butter and coconut.
Press into the bottom and a half inch up the sides of a 9x13 pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
Remove from oven and arrange fruit over the crust, sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon. Whisk egg and sour cream together and spread on top.
Bake 15 minutes more or until crust is a delicate brown.
Cool to warm and cut into squares to serve.

*I made this for my monthly dinner group. I was kind of nervous because it was a new recipe and I have to admit it is a strange combination of ingredients . . . but the result is absolutely delicious. It is very simple. I used raspberries and sliced strawberries and thought they worked well together.

No comments: