Jo's Chili (Weight Watchers)

I got this recipe from my mother-in-law. She got it from her sister who got it from Weight Watchers. It is SO good! I am really not a huge chili fan, but this one is tasty and just the right consistency. I used a combination of kidney beans, black beans, pinto beans and white beans. It made a whole bunch so I was able to freeze some and still had plenty for leftovers.

1 lb. ground turkey
1 c. celery, chopped
1 c. carrots, chopped
1 bell pepper, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
Garlic

In a large stockpot, brown turkey and mix in vegetables. Add to sauted mixture:

2 cans Italian diced tomatoes
1 can diced tomatoes (whir in blender) (I used a can of crushed tomatoes)
1 can fat free refried beans
1-2 cans Herdez salsa (2 c.)
2-3 T. chili powder
1/2 tsp. cumin

Add: 5-6 cans drained beans (any combo). Cook together until ready to serve. I let it simmer on the stove for 3-4 hours before serving.

Freezes well.

No comments: