Cookie Dough Truffles


What do you get for the dad that has everything on Father's Day? Well, my dad and I happen to share a love for cookie dough. Honestly I would rather just eat the dough and not even bother with the cookies. I found this recipe on http://good-eats-n-sweet-treats.blogspot.com. I like it because it doesn't have raw eggs, so you can feel fine about eating them as truffles.

I made these for my dad for Father's Day and they were a hit (not just with him). They are very easy to make, and are a great little treat.

Cookie Dough Truffles
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (I omitted these)
1-1/2 lbs semi-sweet chocolate candy coating, chopped (I just used semi-sweet chocolate chips)

In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add the flour, milk and vanilla; mix well. Stir in the chocolate chips and walnuts.

Shape into 1 inch balls; place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Loosely cover and refrigerate for 1-2 or until firm.

In a microwave safe bowl, melt candy coating, stirring often until smooth. Dip balls in coating; place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Refrigerate until firm, about 15 minutes. (This was a bit tricky. I started off by poking each truffle with a skewer and dipping it in the chocolate and then covering the hole with a bit more chocolate. The problem was I couldn't tap off the excess chocolate without them falling through the skewer; and they chocolate was puddling below the dipped truffles. So, then I just dropped the truffles in the chocolate and removed them with a fork. I was able to tap off the excess chocolate and then use the skewer to slide them off the fork onto the pan. That worked the best for me).

If desired, remelt remaining candy coating and drizzle over candies. (I drizzled white chocolate over mine - approx. 1/2 cup chips with 1/2 tsp shortening.) Store in the refrigerator.

2 comments:

Brad and Britt said...

ok finally the recipe I have been waiting for! Meg Thueson made these for a baby shower and they were DELIGHTFUL! I am glad that you posted them!

Anonymous said...

We'd like to invite you to participate in our July berry recipe contest. All competitors will be placed on our blogroll, and the winner will receive a fun prize! Please email me, sophiekiblogger@gmail.com, if you're interested. Feel free to check out our blog for more details. (Click on my name in the message header link to visit our blog. :)