Seven Layer Bars


I can remember having and making these cookies since I was very young! It seemed that we had them at every family function, and it seemed that EVERYONE loved them. Once I was old enough to cook, imagine my surprise at how easy they are to concoct! Just a bunch of measuring and pouring.....doesn't get simpler. I decided to make them for the 4th along side some yummy Strawberry Ice Cream. Oh by the way, you'll notice in the picture that some of the cookies are darker, that is because I experimented and put marshmallows on half. I read that somewhere on someones recipe and wanted to try it out. I'd say it was an excellent addition, making the cookies much gooier, but also a little darker.


1/4 c. butter
1 1/3 c. graham cracker crumbs
1 c. chocolate chips
1 c. butterscotch chips
1 c. coconut
1 c. chopped nuts, optional
1 can sweetened condensed milk

Melt butter in a 9X13 pan in preheating 350 degree oven. Sprinkle cracker crumbs over butter and make a crust, using a fork or glass. Layer remaining ingredients and drizzle sweetened milk over the top. Bake at 350 for 20- 30 minutes, until lightly browned and bubbly.

No comments: