Quick-Fix Burrito Skillet


My lovely sister found this recipe, tried it, loved it, and passed it along to me. I made it, loved it and am passing it on to you. It is SO easy to make. Contains ingredients we all have around. And is tasty. We will definitely be making this many times in the future.

1 lb. lean ground beef
1 pkg. (1-1/4 oz.) Taco Seasoning Mix
1 can (19 oz.) kidney beans, rinsed
1 cup Salsa
1 cup water
4 flour tortillas (6 inch), cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces (I used corn tortillas to make it gluten-free & I liked that flavor better myself)
1 cup Mexican Style Finely Shredded Four Cheese (I used cheddar and only about 1/2 c. to keep the calories down)
1/3 cup Sour Cream (I omitted)
1 large green onion, chopped (I omitted because didn't have, but think it would be a nice addition)

Brown meat in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat; drain. Add seasoning mix, beans, salsa and water; stir. Bring to boil. Simmer on medium-low heat 5 min.

Stir in tortillas; top with cheese. Cover; let stand 5 min. or until cheese is melted. Top with sour cream and onions.


No comments: