Cinnamon Popcorn


Tonight for FHE we had a "serious" discussion of safety issues. Thanks to the Safety Kids website, I got some great ideas on how to share this info with Conner. We talked about "Checking First" (always ask your parents before doing anything with anyone, if you can't check the answer is NO)! And about the "Power of NO" (saying no to anyone that is trying to hurt you, or make you do something you don't want to do; and saying no to other kids doing things that aren't right). You get the idea. It needs to be discussed, but to lighten the load I decided to try this recipe just given to me by a neighbor. It sounds strange, but is surprisingly addicting. I did find that it ended up getting pretty grainy so I wonder if boiling for 2-3 minutes would be better. I can't wait to experiment with other flavors.


Pop 1/2 cup popcorn kernels in a large bowl.


1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup powdered sugar
7 TBS. milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup sugar
dash of salt
food coloring (optional)

Boil above ingredients for 4 minutes. Remove from heat and add 1/2 tsp. flavoring (such as cinnamon, cherry, etc.). Stir in well and pour over popcorn.

It was devoured!

No comments: