Raspberry Trifle

Thanks to my NY buddy, Kathy, I now have a new favorite dessert! She made it for my birthday lunch and I just had to recreate for our Sunday dinner dessert! This trifle is absolutely amazing (how could it not be with that list of ingredients)! It is very easy to make, looks incredible, and tastes divine. To attempt to make it "healthy" I used low-fat cream cheese and would have used low-fat sour cream if I had it, and it turned out fine! I would totally recommend this - it would be great at a girls luncheon, a shower, a potluck dessert, or just for the heck of it! Enjoy!


2 (8oz) pkg. cream cheese
2 c. powdered sugar
1 c. sour cream
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. almond extract
1 1/2 c. heavy cream (whipped)
2 (16 oz.) bags frozen raspberries
1 angel food cake

Combine cream cheese, sugar, sour cream, vanilla and almond extract together and mix well. Set aside. Whip the heavy whipping cream and combine with the cream cheese mixture. In a trifle bowl layer angel food cake torn into large bite-sized pieces, cream cheese mixture, frozen raspberries. Do this 2-4 times ending with the raspberries on top. Refrigerate 12-24 hour before serving.

*If you don't have a trifle bowl, just use a large glass bowl.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

I made this for my mom's birthday on sunday - it is so good! thanks!