Turkey or Chicken Meatballs


I saw this recipe on one of my favorite cooking blogs, Ashlee's Cooking. I thought it sounded pretty darn healthy and I knew that my little nearly one year old would be able to enjoy them as well (I'm entering that phase of life, where I have to start thinking about what he can eat with us which means not a lot of spice or strange ingredients). I doubled the recipe, and paired it with the Baked Penne and everyone's plates were clean, including the little guy!



½ lb. ground chicken breast (I used ground turkey)
5 sun dried tomatoes in olive oil
¼ cup parmesan cheese, grated (or more)
¼ cup breadcrumbs (I used the Italian breadcrumbs)
1 egg
1 tsp. dried Italian seasoning
Salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Combine all meatball ingredients in a mixing bowl. Shape into 10 meatballs, place on a nonstick cookie sheet.
Bake for 20 minutes until cooked through.

No comments: