Peach BBQ Chicken


I found this recipe on another one of my favorite cooking sites Prudence Pennywise. She made it for a 4th of July BBQ, but since our weather has warmed back up and I didn't want to use the oven I thought it sounded like a great idea. Plus, it is the time of year when peaches are in season, so even though I used no fresh peaches it was still nostalgic. This recipe made way more sauce than I needed, so I froze the remainder and will use at a later time. It took no time at all and tasty. I paired it with her recipe for Cucumber Slaw - also delicious!


1 cup peach preserves
1 cup ketchup
4 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken

Preheat grill for medium hot cooking. Combine all ingredients (except chicken) in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer. To avoid cross contamination, set aside half the sauce for serving with the cooked chicken. Pour some of remaining sauce on chicken and continue to baste with sauce while grilling. Grill chicken for four to six minutes per side, depending on thickness, basting frequently with sauce. Serve with extra peach barbecue sauce. Enjoy

No comments: