Velvet Fudge Sauce

I have this little known (or maybe it's more well known) obsession and it is called homemade chocolate sauce. It's the bomb on vanilla ice cream, mint chocolate chip ice cream, cookies and cream ice cream......okay it's just good on any ice cream.
Needless to say I have made many, many recipes in my day. This one is hands down my absolute FAVORITE! It does take a little longer to whip up, but is totally worth it. I usually half the recipe for my family and it still makes plenty.

Velvet Fudge Sauce
2 c. powdered sugar
1 c. evaporated milk
1/2 c. butter
1 TBS. corn syrup
1 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 tsp. vanilla

In a saucepan, combine all ingredients but vanilla. Cook and stir over medium heat until boils. Reduce heat to low and cook 8 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.

For a little different taste, stir in 1 (7 oz) jar of marshmallow creme at the same time as vanilla.

No comments: