Overnight Spinach Salad

Absolutely my favorite salad ever!! In fact this past week I was totally craving it, so I was delighted to be asked to bring a green salad to Sunday dinner. I even made enough that I could keep some at home to satisfy the weekly craving :-)! This picture doesn't show the dressing which I do in a large glass jar and that contains the mushrooms and onions. A great salad for any occasion.


2 pkg. Spinach
1 head iceberg lettuce
1 lb. bacon (or less)
1/2 red onion sliced
3/4 lb. Swiss cheese, grated
3/4 lb. fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 cup cottage cheese, rinsed so curds remain

Dressing:
3/4 TBS. poppy seeds
1/3 c. vinegar
3/4 c. cooking oil
1/3 c. sugar
2 TBS. grated onion
3/4 tsp. salt
1 TBS. dry mustard

Mix dressing ingredients in a glass jar, and add mushrooms and red onions and let sit overnight.

No comments: