Corn Chowder


I first had this recipe when a friend made it for me. It was so good, so naturally I asked for the recipe. Over the years I've tried many other Corn Chowder recipes, but this is by far my favorite. It is so easy to put together and you can modify it any way you would like. The last time I made it, I added diced carrots. I also like to microwave the onion and butter for 2 minutes so the onion gets soft prior to being added to the slow cooker. This is a great Fall or cold day dinner served with rolls!

2 1/2 c. milk
1 can Cream of mushroom soup
1 package (10 oz) frozen corn
1 can cream-style corn
1 cup frozen hash browns (cubed)
1 c. diced cooked ham (or could use bacon)
3/4 cup chopped onion
2 TBS. Butter
salt & pepper

Combine milk, soup, corn, potatoes, ham, onion, and butter in a crock-pot. Cover and cook on high for 3 hours. Add salt and pepper to taste. (I also just cook this over the stove for half an hour or so).

No comments: